After "
What you can find when cleaning up a closet part 1" here is part 2. As told in part 1 this has nothing to do with WWII but I found it interesting enough to tell here because it is about minis and a bit about casting.
What we have here are rubber molds from my childhood times. That is about 34 years ago. I found a date saying 1977. (I am feeling old now.) They were stashed away in a metal box.
The molds are to be used to cast historical minis.
As being a child at the time these molds are selected, it was not to form an army but they were more selected as what I thought where cool looking minis.
There are 10 molds and the molds are from Prinz August. Looking at it now I regret that I never bought the molds to cast horses to pull the cannon.
I am wondering if these molds could still be used to cast minis.
Let's take a look.
 |
| The molds |
 |
| Mold example 1 |
 |
| Mold example 2 |
 |
| Pictures of the molds I have |
 |
| Casted minis |
 |
| Painted when I was 11 years old |
 |
| More material |
Thanks for looking.
Ha, die heb ik ook! Of had ik ook? Weet niet, wellicht staan ze nog bij mijn moeder ergens in de kast...
ReplyDeleteI have those too lying around at my parent's attic somewhere, but I got them from a kid in the neighbourhood.
ReplyDeleteYou can still use them, but use some talk on the inside of the mold.
Also the prince august metals give better castings then the normal tin you get from old ashtrays. Also heating up the mold and tapping it while pouring increases quality.